LEARN ABOUT THE COURSE
Unlock the magic of visual storytelling with our BA Cinematography & Post-production course! Dive into the heart of cinematic artistry! Master technical and creative aspects of camera operation, lighting, editing, and digital post-production. Our unique cirriculum seamlessly blends academic theory with practical experience in order to equip you with comprehensive knowledge and skills that are essential to find a job in the competitive film industry. Learn how to translate compelling stories into visual language. Immerse yourself in a hands-on learning environment where you'll collaborate with industry professionals and fellow students with diverse backgrounds. Join us to unleash your creative potential and prepare yourself for a dynamic career in the global film and media industries.
ENROLLMENT for Academic Year 2024/2025 IS IN PROGRESS
ABOUT WARSAW FILM SCHOOL
The academy is a unique film institution, one of the fastest growing film academies in Europe. We employ a highly qualified, professionally active teaching staff of Polish and international filmmakers and film scholars. With nearly 20 years of experience, Warsaw Film school produces over 200 student films every year that are getting international recognition and awards at many film festivals around the globe. Over the course of past 10 years our School has received two Academy® nominations (in 2015 for "Our Curse", dir. Tomasz Śliwiński, in 2022 for "The Dress", dir. Tadeusz Łysiak). Our campus is based in the capital of Poland and perfectly connected with the city center. It offers space for film and photography shoots, post-production facilities, game development studio and a high-end sound studio. Warsaw Film School also has its very own art-house cinema called Kino Elektronik right on campus.
- You will earn a BA diploma. Becoming a certified cinematography and post-production specialist will enhance your prospects of launching a successful career in the film industry.
- You will master the art of visual storytelling. Dive deep into the intricacies of camera operation, lighting techniques, and editing skills, honing your ability to captivate audiences with compelling narratives.
- You will acquire professional-grade post-production skills. Gain hands-on experience in digital post-production and color grading, ensuring your projects stand out with cinematic quality and aesthetic excellence, setting you apart in the competitive industry landscape.
- You will collaborate with industry professionals. Dynamic academic environment of Warsaw Film School, where you'll collaborate with experienced professionals and fellow students, will further develop your skills and will ignite you with inspiration.
- You will learn to translate narratives into captivating visuals. Develop the expertise to transform narratives into visually engaging stories by mastering the art of capturing emotions, conveying messages. Captivate audiences through the power of camera lens.
- You will build a versatile skill set for a global career. Our comprehensive curriculum prepares you for success in the global film and media industries, equipping you with the technical proficiency and creative vision to excel in various roles within cinematography and post-production.
MEET OUR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- For visual storytellers. Tailored for individuals with a natural knack and a keen eye for visual storytelling, this course provides the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively convey narratives through compelling visuals and enhance their storytelling abilities.
- For aspiring filmmakers. If you want to specialize in cinematography and post-production, this course will provide you the skills needed to excel in the film industry.
- For future directors of photography. This course is made for those interested in pursuing careers as camera operators, cinematographers on tv or film set and create visually captivating masterpieces.
- For future post-production specialists. Suited for individuals interested in the digital manipulation and enhancement of visual content, providing them with the skills and knowledge needed in the post-production phase of filmmaking.
- For film enthusiasts. Perfect for those passionate in the film industry who want to delve deeper into the technical and creative aspects of cinematography and post-production, enriching their understanding of the filmmaking process.
- For career changers. A valuable option for individuals looking for transition into the film industry or explore new career opportunities. We offer a comprehensive education in cinematography and post-production to pursue their professional aspirations.
CHECK OUT THE TRAILERS OF OUR STUDENTS' FILMS!
MEET THE LECTURERS:
cinematographer, director, screenwriter
Cinematographer, screenwriter, director and producer. He made his cinematography debut for the feature film "Double Portrait" (nominated for the Golden Lions of the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia and an awarded in the "New Forms of Expression" category). He collaborated with prominent and recognized creators of Polish cinema, incl. Andrzej Wajda, Wojciech Smarzowski, Maciej Ślesicki. His film and television achievements include projects combining a high artistic and commercial level, such as "In the desert and in the forest", dir. G. Hood (Oscar winner). He is also the cinematographer for many documentary films, incl. "Touching an Angel" honored with the Gold Remi award at the Worldfest-Houston International Film Festival. The cinematography for this film was awarded the Grand Prix at the International Film Festival in Rijeka. In turn, the film "The Runner", winner of the bronze medal at The New York Festival, brought the cinematographer a special award at the festival in Zielona Góra. He was nominated for the Deutscher Kamerapreis for his cinematography in the controversial film "Forbidden Love".
PhD MIKO JAROSZEWICZ
He graduated from the Cinematography Department of the Łódź Film School and holds a PhD in Film Arts and Cinematography from the Kieślowski Film School, University of Silesia. He worked as a cinematographer on many feature films, simultaneously working as a screenwriter in television series and on his own projects. As a freelance cinematographer, he started with puppet films, one of which, Peter and the Wolf, was nominated for a BAFTA, won the Cristal Du Court Metrages in Annecy and an Oscar for best short animation.
Director of photography. His job at lighting department at the first episode of "Game of Thrones" became his inspiration to start a professional career at cinematography. When in 2014 he graduated from Warsaw Film School he was already nominated and awarded for several of his short drama and short documentary films. He frequently worked as a second unit DP and CO at feature drama and TV series. While working on film he puts a lot of attention in preproduction process which helps him to make the most from even tight budget and achieve previously created vision.
His short documentary film "Our Curse" (2013) has garnered numerous awards at film festivals worldwide, received a nomination for the International Documentary Association (IDA) Award, and was nominated for an Oscar in 2015. A graduate of film directing at the Warsaw Film School, he completed the Feature Program at the Wajda School. A recipient of the Scholarship Program of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage "Young Poland" (2015) and the Warsaw City Scholarship (2019). A member of the Guild of Polish Documentary Directors. Vice President of the Polish CCHS Foundation "Lift the Curse," honored with the EURORDIS Black Pearl Award in 2020. Curator of the musical project "Ondinata. Songs for Ondine."
He started his career as a computer scientist, but soon changed his interests to cinematography. He got into the Warsaw Film School - where he is a lecturer now. He was a cinematographer for such productions as the international hit "Control" (the TV mini series with over 60 million views) and short feature film "Random". He is the DOP of many music videos, many shorts and commercials. He likes vivid and intense colors. As a DOP he focuses on a large creation of the film world. He is interested in presenting emotions in an original way, maintaining their subtlety and truth.
The founder of the production house Koskino, where she has been producing feature films, documentaries, and series since 2011. She is the producer of films such as "Kamper" (2016), "A Coach’s Daughter" (2018), and "My Wonderful Life" (2021) directed by Łukasz Grzegorzek, "Winter Flies" directed by Olmo Omerzu (international co-production), the series "Control" (seasons 2-4) directed by Natasza Parzymies, and the documentary "Tell Me More" directed by Martyna Peszko. Currently, she is working on the production of two documentary films - "Strach z głowy" directed by Grzegorz Brzozowski and "Flowers of Ukraine" directed by Adelina Borets. She is a member of the Polish Film Academy, EAVE, and ACE Producers Network. She serves as the president of the Polish Guild of Producers.
He graduated from the Cinematography Department of the Łódź Film School. He has collaborated with many renowned directors, including: Jan Kidawa-Błoński, Janusz Zaorski and Andrzej Wajda. He is a lecturer at the Warsaw Film School. In 2003, he was honored with the Special Award of the Polish Independent Cinema for all his activities for young cinema in Poland. Member of the OFF Film Academy.
In accordance with the ECTS regulations student earns 60 credits for successful completion of a full-time academic year and 30 credits for a passed semester. Students are obliged to be awarded 180 credits in the First Cycle of studies.
Application fee: 50 EUR
Enrollment fee: 1000 EUR
Tuition fee: 6600 EUR per academic year (or 2 installments: 3550 EUR)
Our second and third-year students will have an opportunity to apply for the Chancellor’s Scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded foracademic achievements, involvement in school activities, creativity and leadership.
Scholarships are renewed each semester.
or learn more about recruitment process - CLICK
Any questions? Contact us!
📞 +48 887 555 026
Aleksandra Toruński, International Studies & Erasmus+ Coordinator
or use the ⬇️form below⬇️